InfoLinks

Infolinks

June 04, 2012

VIDEOS: 'The Hunger Games' cast talks about casting for Finnick in Catching Fire

MTV's Josh Horowitz asked The Hunger Games stars, Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Banks and Alexander Ludwig the question that we, the fans, are mainly interested to know about - casting for Finnick Odair in Catching Fire! Josh also talked about preparing and potential filming locations for Catching Fire. Enjoy and watch the videos below!

Elizabeth Banks:

Alexander Ludwig:

Josh Hutcherson:

Transcript for our beloved international fans:
UNIVERSAL CITY, California — Robert Pattinson won’t be playing him. Neither will Taylor Kitsch. But there are still plenty of other actors, like Armie Hammer, who could possibly fill the role of dreamy District 4 tribute Finnick Odair in “Catching Fire.”

Josh Hutcherson certainly couldn’t pick when MTV News caught up with him after the 2012 MTV Movie Awards on Sunday. “I mean, honestly, I have no idea. I definitely need to re-read the second book,” he said. “I haven’t read it since I first read them, before the first one. So I think I kind of need to read it again to get a better grasp.”

His fellow MTV Movie Award winner for Best Fight, Alexander Ludwig, had one person he’d love to see tackle the charming and sexy Finnick. “Whenever I read the books, I always thought Ryan Reynolds would be a great Finnick.” he said. “Ryan Reynolds is just how I pictured.”

When asked what characteristics Reynolds or any actor must possess to play the part, he broke it down for us. “I think he’s just got a charisma about him. Whenever I read the books, I was like ‘If I don’t get a [role] in the first one, [then I'd be interested].’ Finnick had always been something I was interested in as a character because he reminds me a little of myself.”

“He’s got a really good charisma about him,” he added. “He’s also got that bit of an egotistical edge to him which isn’t like me but I love it as character. It’s hilarious and he’s a really strong character too and he’s a really big part of the second book. He’s the most anticipated character in my mind as well. I can’t wait to see who they cast for him.”

Best On-Screen Transformation winner and fellow “HG” star Elizabeth Banks was pretty stumped to have to play casting director for the part. “I don’t [know], honestly,” she said. “Everybody that’s ever been mentioned seems fantastic. I’m sure they’ll find the right fit. I think the cast has come together in such an amazing way so far and I know that their goal is to keep adding the best people and the people that its gonna be great.”

So, what does she hope Finn will be like? “You know, just charisma, just a lot of charisma,” she said. “And he’s a looker.”

Hutcherson added, “Physically strong, I think that’s a big important thing. I think somebody who’s kind of similar to Peeta in the sense that he knows sort of how to work the situation a little bit. I think the physicality would be really important for Finnick because he’s such an imposing character, for sure.”
Source: MTV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discuss with other Hunger Gamers: