InfoLinks

Infolinks

June 19, 2012

VIDEO: Hunter Parrish on playing Finnick in Catching Fire: "I'd love to"

In a new interview with MTV, actor Hunter Parrish talks about fan support for him to play Finnick Odair in Catching Fire, adding that he would "love" to play the role but wouldn't get his hopes up after being denied for Peeta in the past. Watch the video below!



Transcript for our international readers:

“This whole ‘Hunger Games’ thing, man … I’ve read all of the books, because I’ve been through this once before,” Parrish said. “It was very exciting for me [to be considered] for the first movie, to be a part of that, and I read all of the books at that time, and I loved the script and the director and Jennifer Lawrence who was cast at that point. I saw it as something very exciting, and I was very excited about it, but it wasn’t [meant to be]. Josh is also a friend of mine, and I haven’t seen the film yet, but people say amazing things about it, and he’s great, he’s perfect. We’ve worked together before, and he’s a great actor,” Parrish said sincerely.

While Parrish is grateful for the fan support behind the Finnick campaign, his experience from the first round of casting has him feeling more cautious about things this time around.

“I kind of dove in for that one, so for this one, I don’t know,” he said. “I think you just kind of step back, and if it happens, it happens. I’m not going to really spend too much time thinking about it, but I’d love to. I wouldn’t cast myself, but that’s not helping me getting cast for that movie,” he joked. “But I’m a fan of the books. I think there’s fantastic actors that would probably be better. So there’s that for getting me a job!”

In continuing with his gracious thoughts about other actors he’d consider for Finnick, we asked Parrish if he wanted to give a shout-out to any for fun.

“No, I wouldn’t go that far!” he laughed. “I still want the job, I’m just saying … “

So, what do you guys think? Any Hunter Parrish for Finnick here?

Source: MTV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Discuss with other Hunger Gamers: